Gone are the days I use to go to the bank, wait for hours before I could even send just N1000 to another bank account in Nigeria, thanks to imobile powered by eTranzact mCommerce solution. With imobile, you can conduct banking transactions via your GPRS-enabled phone.
With my internet-ready mobile phone, whenever I want to send money to anyone, all I need to do, is to enter the details in the imobile software, together with my secret pin and the money will be sent asap, with the receiver even getting sms alert apart from the normal credit alert the receiver's bank might send to him/her.
The mCommerce solution is the first truly operational mobile banking application that works on all the GSM networks and PTO's platform extending the capability of the user's mobile into a highly interactive feature-rich payment device. eTranzact mCommerce is in line with international standards and all transactions are secured using an encryption technology.
So, How Do I Get Started?
I set up my imobile at INTERCONTINENTAL BANK because imobile is Intercontinental bank's mobile banking platform. So, if you already have an account with them and have at least, a GPRS-enabled phone, you are good to go. Just follow the steps below.
1. Go to Intercontinental bank and request for imobile form.
2. Fill the form with ur IBPLC account number, name, address, phone number and email address. You will not be asked for any document as at the time of posting this article.
3. After filling the form, wait for your etranzact details that will be printed on a paper for you, containing your card number, card expiration, registration code and email address.
4. You will also have to wait for your default pin to be issued to you. (Very important)
5. Using your GPRS-enabled phone, you will be told to text "D ICB" to 4045.
6. You will instantly get a reply on your phone, with the download link for the imobile software.
7. Just click on the link in the text and the download will start. Ensure you have enough credit for the download. The size is small. If you want to use free browsing code for it, may God help you... lol
8. Once the download completes, run the software and fill in your details in the printed paper obtained in Step 3, together with your default pin I talked about in Step 4.
9. If you fill in the correct details, you will get a text message that your card has been activated successfully.
10. Thereafter, launch the software again, go to "security", "change pin". Enter the default pin and your new pin. ( Very Important. Make sure you change your pin).
11. Once your PIN change is successful, you can start transacting via the imobile software.
12. To verify this, launch the software, go to "Banking", then choose "check balance". If everything is ok, you should get a text message on your phone with your bank account balance.
13. To send money to other bank accounts, go to "Banking", click on "Funds Transfer". Fill in the details needed appropriately, enter your secret pin and the money will be transferred asap.
Note: As at the time of publishing this, I am always charged N30 for every transaction's text message while N200 is been charged for every transfer to any other bank account apart from Intercontinental bank. Transfer to Intercontinental bank accounts is FREE.
You can also pay your DSTV/HiTV bills, PHCN bills etc. Just give it a try and you will love it.
Well, you can transfer some money to my account, if you want to test if it really works... smiles****
GTB Bank also offers something similar and it is called gtMobile. In my future posts, I will be writing about it. So, Subscribe Now, if you don't want to miss it.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE NOW!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD MY 20 FREE EBOOKS
Note: If you have snaptu on your phone, you can easily be using it to read my blog. Just add www.ogbongeblog.com to the channels via the "News/Blogs". If you are not seeing "clickable" links, I guess you are not reading this right on my blog, so go to www.ogbongeblog.com, use the search box to search for this article and read.
If you want to appreciate this, have questions to ask or have anything to contribute, kindly use the comment form below. More so, Kindly use the "Like", "Recommend" and other share buttons to share this trick with your friends.
Do not forget to check out other tips and tutorials on www.ogbongeblog.com.
SKYPE ID: ogbongeblog
Labels: Payment solutions