I decided to use dudamobile.com to create a mobile version of ogbongeblog.com and compare it with the mobile version powered by mobstac. Considering what I have observed so far, I still prefer Mobstac to Dudamobile.
Ogbongeblog mobile blog powered by dudamobile ==> http://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/ogbongeblog
Ogbongeblog mobile blog powered by mobstac ==> http://ogbongeblog.mobstac.com/
1. The Dudamobile mobile version of my blog contains mostly all gadgets on the regular blog and I don't like this because it makes the mobile version to be very slow compared to the mobile version rendered by mobstac which automatically removes almost all the gadgets.
Though you can remove the gadgets via the dudamobile advanced editor but with mobstac, you don't have to go through all those stress. If you fail to remove most of the gadgets, most mobile browsers will be throwing this error message "page will be closed because it is too heavy to load".
2. I prefer the horizontal + drop down navigation bar of my mobstac powered mobile blog to that of dudamobile. The default vertical navigation bar of the dudamobile mobile version is taking much space on the screen though I noticed you only see it on the homepage.
Though,you can delete it or make changes using the dudamobile advanced editor but with mobstac, you just don't have to go through all those stress especially when you are not really good in basic web design. Below is what the default navigation bar on dudamobile powered mobile blog looks like:
3. If you subscribe to Mobstac, you can easily integrate your Google Adsense ads by just inserting your Adsense publisder ID into the provided box in your mobstac dashboard. The ads display when visitors access the mobile blog with opera mini browser but this is not the case with my mobile blog powered by dudamobile.
As at the time of publishing this, I inserted my Adsense code to the header section via the dudamobile advanced editor and I still can't find my ads on the blog when viewed using opera mini browser. The only ad I see there is the dudamobile ad which dudamobile is automatically displaying there because am yet to upgrade.
I plan contacting dudamobile developers to ask them if my Google ads will be displayed on my mobile blog when viewed via opera mini browser if I upgrade. I will keep you updated, if it is realistic.
Currently, I am paying $25 per month to mobstac, for my ads to be displayed on my mobile blog and the investment worths it considering what have earned so far from "Adsense for mobile".
4. Mobstac allows me to add a custom ad banner to my mobile blog by just copying and pasting the code of the ad banner in a provided box in the mobstac dashboard. You will notice this if you scroll down http://ogbongeblog.mobstac.com/ . You can't easily do the same on your dudamobile powered mobile blog if you don't take your time to really understand how the dudamobile advanced editor works.
5. On my dudamobile powered mobile blog, I keep finding it so hard to add a comment to the blog posts but this is not the case with my mobstac powered blog. Mobstac allows users to easily incorporate Facebook and disqus comment forms. I am wondering how I will have a mobile blog and readers can't comment on my posts.
With what I have observed so far, if you lack basic web design skills and also want your Google adsense ads to be displayed on your mobile blog when viewed via opera mini browsers, I recommend mobstac for you but if you think you don't mind going the extra mile to add series of customization to your mobile blog, you can give dudamobile.com a try.
You can check out: http://ogbongeblog.mobstac.com/ and http://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/ogbongeblog to compare both platforms on your mobile device and see which of the platforms you prefer.
If your blog is a Blogger blog, I think the Blogger mobile templates are still preferable to the mobile templates of dudamobile.com. You can also compare my Blogger mobile template here: www.ogbongeblog.com?m=1 with that of Dudamobile: http://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/ogbongeblog
I will keep exploring dudamobile mobile templates and I will keep you updated if I discover how you can easily use it to render your blog for mobile viewers, including how you can easily integrate google adsense with it.
Feel free to share your views about this two platforms.
Written By Jide Ogunsanya on March 18, 2012
Like My Facebook Page and Follow Me on Twitter and Google+: