The Nigeria Federal Ministry of Communication Technology in collaboration with industry partners has launched a Technology Innovation Programme called TechLaunchPad to nurture and develop software entrepreneurs who have a vision to build successful software companies that support the industry.
Techlaunchpad is a Public Private Partnership focused on promoting software technology development among local entrepreneurs. Successful entrepreneurs will be mentored by Chief Information Officers of participating companies and other identified Executives to fine tune the quality and industry relevance of their solutions, ensure that the solutions comply with international quality and standards and accelerate the launch of the product.
- Capacity Building: Growing Local content / Deepening of technology skills
- Access to the right technology development tools and global standards
- Links to industry and strategic partners:Access to functional experts/industry, mentoring & networking
- Cultivating the right ecosystem to foster growth, idea generation and improve solution fit
- Technology commercialization assistance: Providing access to the market to enhance fit and patronage
- Funding: Providing investors access to start-up capital or venture capital
- Intellectual Property Management to safeguard investments
If you are a technology entrepreneur or an emerging business with solutions in beta form, you can apply for the programme. You can check who can apply here and proceed with the application for the TechlaunchPad here.