Before Christmas, I received a warning from Google Adsense Team about FORMAT MIMICKING and I was told to make changes within 3 working days. After reading through the explanation of the Format Mimicking Adsense Policy, I made some changes despite the the fact that I was confused about what changes exactly I need to make.
Before I made the changes, I used to have a 728x90 leatherboard ad directly below the navigation bar which displays on ALL pages of my blog. There was also a 336x280 Large rectangle ad directly below my post titles as well as immediately after my blog posts. I blended all the ads to match the colour of my blog and posts. The 336x280 ad directly below my post titles wasn't aligned with the content. It was implemented in a way that it pushed the content of my blog posts below the fold.
After reading through many articles about Format Mimicking, I thought it's all about the colour. So, I changed the colour style of my ads to look different from my posts and also removed the chitika ads on my blog. Unfortunately, after 12 days that I received the warning, I received a message that Google Ad serving has been disabled to my blog. I was surprised and confused because it became obvious that it wasn't just about the colour.
I decided to re-arrange my blog. I removed all Adsense ads on my blog from their locations and added a new ad unit on the left sidebar (new location) with unique colour style. I removed all third-party ad banners on the left sidebar of my blog and moved them to the right sidebar to ensure that there is no image close to the new ad unit. I also edited the title and the content of the post referenced in the warning. Thereafter, I filled the Adsense appeal form, making sure I explained in details, the changes I made.
After I appealed, I decided to focus my energy more on marketing my info products and internet services because I just didn't know how long it will take Google to re-enable ads on my blog. Fortunately, after 7 days that I appealed, I received a message that ad-serving has been restored to my blog. I was so happy because I never thought the ads could be restored so quick. The last time ad-serving was disabled to m.ogbongeblog.com, it took Google over 2 months to re-enable ads to the site. You can see, am so lucky this time around..
Right now, I am trying to implement the Adsense ads on my blog according to the Adsense implementation guide to avoid troubles in the nearest future. I will keep you posted as regards the
Nevertheless, it all turns out to be a blessing to me because I have now discovered how to make more money with my blog using Adsense with Chitika ads together and it's making some sense so far. More so, it forced me to start a new blog which I will make public after getting some cool search engine traffic to it. In addition, am now working on new ways of making money online in 2013.
I hope this helps.
If you want to contribute to this or have question to ask, relay them via comments.
Written By Jide Ogunsanya on January 12, 2013
Labels: adsense tutorials
Like My Facebook Page and Follow Me on Twitter and Google+: