M-commerce is exploding in Africa – the number of users who access the internet via their phones is growing rapidly and leapfrogging the traditional desktop users. Hence, it’s immensely important for online StartUps to also offer a mobile solution to their customers. M-commerce is not just an additional channel, but might be the entry point to gaining many more customers in a market.
In a bid to make it convenient for customers to shop online with their smartphones, Jumia has announced an m-commerce app for users in Nigeria, Morocco, Kenya and Ivory Coast. With the new Jumia's App, selection of 50.000 products is just a few clicks away and makes online shopping even easier and totally flexible.
According to a press release by Jumia, the app offers:
- International known brands and product assortment
- Fast and intuitive navigation
- Simple, flexible and secure online payment
- Push notifications for exclusive updates on new arrivals and special sales.
Settings to do before downloading the app
1) On your Android phone, go to Settings > Applications
2) Check the box next to Unknown sources