If you are using MTN Fastlink Modem to surf the Internet, MTN recommends that you update your F@stLink Data modem firmware to the latest available version to ensure that you always receive the best MTN Broadband user experience.
What is the difference between Firmware and Software?
Your F@stLink Data modem relies on two applications or programs to be able to connect to the MTN network. One application is installed on the modem itself and the other application installed on your computer that the card is used with. The Application that is installed on the modem is called Firmware and the application that is installed on your computer is called Software.
Why download the UI software:
This software is the latest version of software to upgrade your modem UI, which includes some of the features that are non-existent on other UI’s. Some of these features includes:
* The ability to load Prepaid airtime
* The ability to check airtime balance
* The ability to purchase MTN data and SMS bundles
How to check if you have latest version:
* Launch the modem UI (dashboard)
* Go to the “Help” option on the top menu and click on it
* This will then bring up a window displaying the version that you’re currently on. The version number would be represented in the following manner, MTN F@stLink 11.002.03.14.67
* From this number, the version number will be the second last two digits (highlighted in bold above) which will indicate what version you’re currently using.
* Should the version of your modem be below 14, then you will require an upgrade.
So, if you want to Upgrade right now or want to read more, go to
DEVICE DOWNLOADS PAGE .
In my future posts, I will be writing about other modems been supplied by Glo, Etisalat, Zain etc and share with you the tricks you can be using to browse the internet free using these modems. If you have anything to ask, or say, kindly use the comment form on my blog.
So, for you not to miss those and and also my future free Ebooks, freebies, articles and be getting them right inside your email inbox even when you are not on the internet, kindly go to http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=SecretInfos-Ogbongeblog and enter your email. Once entered, you will have to check your email for a confirmation email containing a confirmation link. Once you VERIFY your email by clicking on the confirmation link in the message, YOU WILL NEVER MISS MY FUTURE ARTICLES AND FREEBIES AGAIN.
- Why BB Subscription Is Cheaper Than Other Data Plans in Nigeria
- APN Settings of Airtel Nigeria for Android, iPad, iPhone, Nokia and PC
- Codes for MTN BIS Plans (Monthly/Weekly/Daily)
- How To Configure Android Phone Internet Settings in Nigeria
- Glo BIS Stopped Working On Your Computer Modem, Phones, iPad?