With just a text message (SMS). you can update your facebook status, check your facebook notifications WITHOUT internet access, even using a NON-GPRS enabled phone. As at the time of writing this post, the service is still been offered FREE OF CHARGE by GLOBACOM NIGERIA. The company might start charging for it in future.
This is made possible by Globacom Nigeria’s facebook application called GLOCONNECT. To enjoy this service, you must have a Globacom SIM card.
How Do I Get Started?
The First thing you will need to do, is to add the GLOCONNECT FACEBOOK APPLICATION to your facebook profile.
CLICK HERE TO ADD THE APPLICATION TO YOUR PROFILE NOW.
Follow the instructions and you should be done within a couple of minutes.
So, How Do I Update My Facebook Status?
After adding the facebook application to your profile, a Facebook status update, wall post or comment is just an SMS away.
All you just need to do is to send an SMS to 3223 using the syntax below:
Status To set your status, just type: S followed by your status message and send to 3223
After adding the application to your facebook profile, you will see more commands you can use to check your Notifications, comments etc.
- How To Add Two Call To Action Buttons To Facebook Page
- Facebook Live Audio Lets You Broadcast Live Without a Video Camera
- How I Download Videos From Facebook To PC Without Software
- 6 Ways Facebook Is Empowering Small Businesses To Succeed In The Mobile World
- Facebook Live Unable To Find Camera? Try This