Are you a Google Adsense publisher with many ad units on your blog? If Yes, I am sure you will be interested in knowing which of the ads units that are really getting the clicks and generating revenue for you. Well, Custom Adsense Channels will do all these for you.
Custom Adsense Channels enable you to view detailed reporting about the performance of specific ad units. By assigning a channel to an ad units, you could track the performance of a leaderboard versus a banner, or horizontal link unit versus a vertical link unit. While channels can be used to track performance and revenue, they won’t have any effect on your earnings or ad targeting.
It’s easy to add, deactivate, or rename your channels, and customized reports are simple to generate. You can also turn any custom channel into an ad placement on which advertisers can choose to place their ads.
If you look closely at the picture below, you will some channels I created for my ad units eg PostAds, PostLinkUnit etc
So, How Do I Create Custom Adsense Channels ?
When creating custom channels, I suggest that you use descriptive names for each channel, so that they are easily identifiable in your adsense reports eg “PostLinkUnit” for a link unit ad inside your blog post .
There are two steps to creating channels: first, the creation of the custom channel name; and second, adding the channel-specific code to your webpages.
To create a new custom channel name:
- Log in to your account at https://www.google.com/adsense
- From the links below the AdSense Setup tab, click Channels
- Choose the appropriate product sub-tab and click the Custom Channels link
- On the resulting page, enter a name that will help you to identify this channel later. For example, HeaderBanner or SidebarLinkList. You can also check the targeting checkbox to have this custom channel displayed to advertisers as a targetable ad placement. If you choose to do so, you’ll need to enter additional details. If not, simply continue to create a custom channel for tracking purposes only.
- Click Add channel. Your new channel will be added to the Active Channels list.
To add the channel-specific code to your page:
- Click the AdSense Setup page and choose the appropriate product. After choosing your ad type, format, and colors, select the custom channel you want to use from the Channel list by clicking the add>> link. Then click Continue.
- Copy-and-paste the ad layout code into your webpages. The channel identifier within your code will track performance.
Feel free to check out the video below for better understanding of Custom Adsense channels.
I hope this helps…
In my future posts, I will share more Adsense tips so you can be making more money from Google Adsense.
So, subscribe here and make sure you confirm your subscription, if you do not want to miss the updates even when you are not online. Once you confirm your subscription by clicking on the verification link which you will receive via your inbox or spam folder, future updates will always be delivered to your email and YOU WILL NEVER MISS them again.
Kindly use the share buttons to share this with your friends and if you are not seeing the pictures/videos or the links are not clickable, kindly go to WWW.OGBONGEBLOG.COM to read the original article.
- How To Remove Google Adsense Auto Ads From Your Blog
- Adsense Auto Ads : Benefits, How To Place Code On Blogger, WordPress and View Reports
- Add Ads.Txt File To Blogger Blogs via Settings
- Adsense Now Allows Placement of 320×250 Ad Banner Above The Fold On Mobile Pages
- How I Make Adsense Responsive Ad Code To Display 300×250 Banner On Mobile