An iPad is a touchscreen-controlled tablet computer manufactured by Apple that allows you to browse the Internet, run applications, play games etc in a comfortable way. You can check the pictures of my iPad here. Every iPad requires an Apple account to access the App Store and a computer running iTunes to sync and back up its data. Before you can start using a new iPad, you must first activate it through iTunes, .
The picture below is what you will see on the screen of an inactivated iPad:
2. Power on the iPad and launch iTunes on your computer.
3. Connect the iPad to the computer using the supplied USB cable. iTunes will automatically detect that a new iPad has been connected and launch the activation page
4. Read and agree to Apple’s terms and conditions, and enter a name for your iPad device and click the “Done” button to complete the activation process.
5. Enter your iTunes account username and password. If you don’t have an iTunes account, enter the details you wish to register instead. Click “Done” to continue.
6. Synchronize your iPad if iTunes does not do so automatically by pressing the “Sync” button. Allow iTunes to complete a full backup and synchronization of the iPad, and then begin using the device.
If you do not have a pc to use for the activation process, you can take the device to the nearest Apple Store. Tell them your situation, and they will allow you to activate it in the store. In most cases, they will do it for you. If you haven’t yet purchased an iPad, consider buying it from the store rather than online. That way, you can get it activated before bringing it home.
I heard that that once the IOS 5 is released the new operating system will make the iPad “PC Free,” allowing you to activate it right out of the box. You can update your iPad to the new version, but this still requires a previous activation. If you wait, your new iPad will come with IOS 5 already preinstalled. It is scheduled for release later in 2011.
Hope this helps….
If you are a Nigerian, the GTB Naira Mastercard is accepted by Apple and you can use it to purchase apps at the apple store. I have used it successfully.
Kindly use the Share/Like/Tweet buttons to share this with friends.