If you are a Nigerian Google Adsense publisher and you opt in for “Secure delivery” as your mode of payment, your checks will be delivered to you wherever you are in Nigeria by DHL. If you don’t know what DHL is, well, DHL is the world’s leading international provider of postal solutions. DHL has the capability to ship 7 million mail items all around the world each day.
DHL is the courier service that delivers Google Adsense checks all over Nigeria as at the time of publishing this post. DHL delivers your check to your doorstep and NOT to post office address. Hence, if you opt in for Secure delivery, make sure the address provided in your Adsense account is NOT a postal address. If it is a postal address, DHL will not deliver your check there and you will have to go to the nearest DHL office to pick up your check.
When you sign up for Google Adsense and you get approved, your default payment method is “Standard delivery“. Standard Delivery checks are sent by regular mail and should arrive within 2-3 weeks of the mailing date according to Google but it used to take up to 3- 4 weeks to receive mine in Nigeria when I was still using the standard delivery option. If you are using Standard delivery and your check get lost, you can’t request a re-issue until 60 days after the original issue date.
With Secure Delivery, you can be sure that your payment is being sent to you quickly and safely. When your check is ready to send, Google will give it to a courier service for delivery – you can expect to receive your check within 5-10 business days after it’s been sent. In fact, delivery is guaranteed before the 5th of the next month. Google will even provide you with DHL tracking number alongside your payment details via the “Payment History” link in your Adsense account. With this, you can always track the current location of your check via DHL website.
Please note that a fee will be applied to your account to help defray the costs of the “Secure delivery” service. As at the time of publishing this post, Google charges €17.00 as Secure delivery Processing Fee. This is deducted form your total earnings and the balance is what you receive via your check. For details, click the Payment Details  link from the My Account tab of your publisher account.
To sign up for Secure Delivery of your AdSense checks:
- Sign in to your AdSense account at www.google.com/adsense
- Click My Account
- Click the edit link adjacent to the Payment Details header
- Select the Check – Secured Express Delivery radio button
- Click Continue
- Select your desired currency from the drop-down list. You may choose to receive payment in United States dollars or in your local currency if available.
- Click Save Settings to save your payment type, or click Cancel to exit this screen without saving.
Please be aware that if DHL can’t locate your address, you will be contacted via the phone number in your Adsense account to come and pick up your check from the nearest DHL office.
I hope this helps….
If you have questions to ask or contributions to make, feel free to use the comment form.
In my future posts, I will explain how to use DHL Tracking number to track your Adsense checks. Subscribe to my blog if you do not want to miss it.
- How To Remove Google Adsense Auto Ads From Your Blog
- Adsense Auto Ads : Benefits, How To Place Code On Blogger, WordPress and View Reports
- Add Ads.Txt File To Blogger Blogs via Settings
- Adsense Now Allows Placement of 320×250 Ad Banner Above The Fold On Mobile Pages
- How I Make Adsense Responsive Ad Code To Display 300×250 Banner On Mobile