Most people feel that a virus attack on Android is not that big a threat. Well, the biggest threat comes into action when your android phone is attacked by infected applications. The infected applications can either retrieve information from your Android phone, or disable the phone completely.
There are viruses targeting the operating system of Android. Although, they are not prevalent,they are mostly detected in corrupted applications that people download from the third party application sites and Android marketplace, which are susceptible to malware.
In order to prevent your Android phones from such harmful threats, it is quite necessary to protect it from malicious softwares or malware attacks.
Antivirus is indeed essential for your Android for the following reasons:
- Antivirus blocks viruses in addition to malware and other corrupt applications.
- All spam text messages can be blocked through antivirus.
- Your phone gets firewall protection in order to block risks before they even get a chance to enter your Android phone
- Real time protection that protects your phone whenever it is in use
- Ability to remote lock from a computer to ensure that your phone can be secured, when it is stolen or lost, so that the thief does not get access to the information stored on your phone.
- Remote wiping feature deletes all the pictures, videos, and related personal information permanently from your phone if it is stolen or lost.
- Blacklisting is another useful feature that blocks unwanted phone numbers.
There are quite a few Antivirus applications available for Android phones in the market. Some antivirus can be downloaded free of cost while some are paid applications. If you are on the lookout for the best antivirus for Android then, F-Secure and Kaspersky are the two most popular antivirus applications for Android phones.
a) Kaspersky Mobile Security
Kaspersky is one of the renowned security companies for PC in the world. This particular antivirus application offers protection against theft, uses cloud based application scans for antivirus protection, and provides privacy shield as well. As far as the cost of this application is concerned, it is priced at $9.99 only.
b) F-Secure Mobile Security
This is yet another useful application that protects your phone quite well. It is known for offering excellent protection as per the latest news from AV Comparatives and AV Test. Parental control is one of the most useful feature that helps in blacklisting websites, or using predefined content that filters the blocked sites. Blacklisting option is available on phone numbers as well. The price of F-Secure is $39.
To conclude, Android is growing tremendously all over the world and as a result, the malware threat is also increasing. Therefore, there are number of antivirus applications for Android that help you to safeguard your Android phone. In addition to these two applications specified above, there are many other antivirus applications such as Lookout, Avast Pro Antivirus, Zoner Antivirus, and others that safeguard your Android phones.
If you know other reliable antivirus for android, kindly share them via the comments.