Yesterday, a friend of mine that’s making money from SIM registration came to me to seek my help in re-installing HP Connection Manager to his reformatted HP Netbook.
While attempting to install it, the installation aborted midway with “Error:2728: Could Not Access vbscript Runtime for Custom Action” displayed on the screen. I decided to search Google for info on the installation bug, stumbled on a solution that worked for me and have decided to share the solution with you today.
Error 2708 is an error that indicates that the VBScript engine is not currently registered on the computer where the install/uninstall is taking place. If your PC is running Windows XP 32 bits and also throwing the error whenever you want to install a software, read through the steps below in fixing the problem.
1. Run Command Prompt as administrator
1.1 Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories
1.2 Right click on Command Prompt and select “Run as administrator”
2. Type cd %windir%system32 into the Command Prompt and hit Enter
3. Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll into the Command Prompt and hit Enter
4. Type regsvr32 jscript.dll into the Command Prompt and hit Enter
Try to re-install the software and I am sure the installation will be successful.
Source: Microsoft Community
- Add “Save As PDF” Option To Microsoft Office 2007 With This Add-In
- Windows Hosts File Not Saving After Modification? Try this Fix…
- SaveFrom.net Helper Lets You Download Files from YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, VK.com etc Just In One Click
- Backup Firefox Browsing History and Restore On Another Computer Without Software
- MozBackup Lets You Backup and Restore Firefox Extensions, Bookmarks and More