Google Adsense has announced the introduction of two new ad sizes – 970 x 250 Billboard and the 300 x 1050 Portrait, which Google believes will help Adsense publishers to reach more advertisers while also enhancing user experience and engagement on their sites.
The new, larger ad formats are meant to provide a great canvas for rich creatives. As with most of Adsense ad sizes, both of these ad units can accommodate standard text ads in addition to image ads.
Additionally, they can show similar-sized image ads. In this case, you may occasionally see a 300 x 250 ad served in the 970 x 250 ad unit and a 160 x 600 served in the 300 x 1050 ad unit when those units are opted in to showing image ads.
Hence, 300×250 and 970×250 image ads will both compete for your 970×250 ad unit while 160×600 and 300×1050 image ads will both compete for your 300×1050 ad unit with the most competitive ad served thus maximizing the earnings on your ad units. When a 160×600 image is served it will be centered in the 300×1050 ad unit.
As both of these new sizes are large ad units, publishers can place a maximum of one of these units per page.
Which of these new ad sizes will you add to your blog?
- How To Remove Google Adsense Auto Ads From Your Blog
- Adsense Auto Ads : Benefits, How To Place Code On Blogger, WordPress and View Reports
- Add Ads.Txt File To Blogger Blogs via Settings
- Adsense Now Allows Placement of 320×250 Ad Banner Above The Fold On Mobile Pages
- How I Make Adsense Responsive Ad Code To Display 300×250 Banner On Mobile