Claiming your site on Alexa.com will let you take control of your site listing; a process that involves you proving ownership of the site. For you to prove that you are the owner, you will be required to upload some content or add a meta tag to your site html.
Once Alexa verifies your site, the site will appear on your Alexa Dashboard, and you’ll be able to edit the site listing information. As at the time of publishing this post, you can still claim your site for FREE at Alexa.com without subscribing to any of the Alexa plans.
Follow me through the steps below:
==> Sign up for free Alexa account or sign in with your Facebook account
==> Click on “add site”
==> Click on “check pricing”
==> Scroll down the page and click on the “claim a site” link. This should take you to http://www.alexa.com/siteowners/claim
==> Select Method 2
==> Copy the meta tag and add it to the <head> section of your homepage HTML i.e above <head>
- If Blogger blog, you will see <head> by going to “Template” > “Edit HTML”
- If WordPress Blog, go to “Appearance” > “Editor” > Header.php
==> Once you have added the meta tag to your site html, Click “Verify my ID”
If verified, you will see “your site is successfully claimed” and “claimed” will also appear next to your blog name in your Alexa dashboard.
NB: You don’t have to enter any credit card info to claim your site for free.
Recommended: How To Change Your Site Country at Alexa.com
- MailOptin Plugin Lets You Create Email Newsletters Optin Forms On WordPress
- AddThis Audience Targeting Lets You Segment and Target Your Site Visitors With Custom Messages
- 5 Reasons Why I Use AddThis Marketing Tools On My Blogs
- AddThis Link Promotion PopUp Tool Helps Drive More Visitors To Pages You Want Them To See
- What Is The Best Way To Market Your Blog Content?