I stumbled on a notice on CAC website that 38,717 Names of Dormant Companies in Nigeria will be delisted by 31st December, 2015.
According to the notice, those names will be delisted in line with the provision of Section 525 of Companies and Allied Matters Act CAP C20 LFN 2004 for failing to file Annual Returns as and when due.
All affected companies are advised to take steps to have their names removed from the list by filing the requisite annual returns and other statutory updates such as notice of appointment of Secretary, current directors and current registered office address on or before 31st December, 2015.
The remedial measure outlined above will be foreclosed when the list is gazetted, the notice claims.
Also, all other companies who have not filed their annual returns up to date are enjoined to do so to avoid the risk of having their names struck – off from the Register of Companies.
You can download the list of companies to be delisted here.
The list is in pdf and contains 775 pages. You can try using CTRL F to search for your company name.
Kindly share this with your friends.
- How To Get Availability Code for CAC Business or Company Registration
- CAC Public Search Website Lets You Check Online If Company or Business Name Has Been Registered
- Check Online If Your Business Names Have Been Approved By CAC
- CAC Online Company Registration Launched In Nigeria
- How To Register a Company in Nigeria With CAC