Intel’s ambassador for She Will connect, Titilope Sonuga recently hosted bloggers at a hangout session to discuss her milestones on the programme, share directions on new developments with them, and interact on issues around mentorships and entrepreneurship opportunities open to women in Nigeria.
The event which happened at ProteaLeadway Hotel in Lagos was also a chance to discuss the latest additions to the program, My Digital Journey, a game-infused digital platform to teach digital literacy skills and concepts of digital citizenship/ online safety. Digital Journey is an interactive platform which empowers users to learn in a mediated environment. The platform also features learnings on representing yourself online; envisioning your goals and getting support to achieve them.
Speaking on the successes achieved with the “She Will connect” program, Sonuga said: “Over 30,000 girls and women have been trained so far, and Intel is committed to a continued and sustainable impact on the lives of these girls and women, who are undoubtedly important to the growth of the economy.”
Sonuga who is also an award-winning poet and actress took the bloggers through a walk-through poetry exercise and challenged them to create a She Will connect poem in under five minutes. The new poetry initiates were largely successful in this task.
Intel had appointed Titilope Sonuga in 2015 as the ambassador for its She Will Connect program in Nigeria, to lend her voice to the program aimed at empowering and connecting girls and women to opportunities using technology.
- Yudala and Konga Merges Operations To Become Biggest eCommerce Marketplace in Africa
- Mastercard Masterpass QR bot for Messenger Will Enable Nigerian Businesses Accept QR Payments
- Interswitch Spak Science Competition Set To Reward STEM Students in Nigeria
- Publiseer Emerges As One Of The Finalists Of The 2018 Harvard Business School New Venture Competition
- VoguePay 3.0 Lets SMEs Accept Bitcoins Payment in Nigeria and More