As at the time of publishing this post, if you add the Tag cloud widget to your WordPress sidebar, you will not be able to select tags you would like to show and hide those you don’t want to show on the sidebar. This can be so annoying especially if you’ve created lots of tags on your site.
So, for you to show select tags in your WordPress sidebar or footer, you have to rely on third-party plugins or WordPress themes that come with such widget. Imagine, this is what we do easily on Blogger by making use of the Labels gadget.
If you are interested in a WordPress plugin that will allow you show selected tags cloud on the sidebar or footer of your WordPress site, you can install the Selective Tag Cloud Widget Plugin.
The plugin simply allows you to enter tags to show and it supports auto-complete.
Once installed, go to “Appearance” > “Widgets” and drag the “Selective Topics” widget to your WordPress sidebar. Thereafter, enter the tags (separated by comma). Auto-suggestion makes it very easy to enter the tags.
Save and view your blog.
Do you know other ways to display specific tags on WordPress sidebar?
Recommended : How To Add WordPress Widgets On Mobile Devices
- WordPress Sharing Plugin with Facebook Like Button
- Hide WordPress Post From Blog Feed, HomePage etc But Not In Sitemap
- Wp Encrypt : WordPress Plugin That Generates Free LetsEncrypt SSL Certificate For HTTPS
- WPB Woocommerce Product Slider Plugin Lets You Display Products As Slider On WordPress
- Need WordPress Plugin That Filters Posts By Tags In Admin Panel? Check This Out