The Asus Zenfone Selfie zd551kl Android smartphone was launched in Nigeria in December 2015 at a media event held at the Four Points by Sheraton Lagos hotel in Lagos, Nigeria. A free copy was given to me so I can share a review of the Asus Zenfone Selfie on my blog.
ZenFone Selfie is a 5.5-inch smartphone equipped with a high-resolution 1920 x 1080 Full HD IPS display with anti-fingerprint coating, scratch resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass 4.
ZenFone Selfie is the ultimate choice for selfies, with its twin 13MP PixelMaster cameras and a dual-color, dual-LED Real Tone flash at both front and back. Front or rear, ZenFone Selfie’s PixelMaster low light mode captures clear photos or videos throughout the night or in dark environments.
ZenFone Selfie makes you even better looking before your eyes. Just choose Beautification mode, and let ZenFone Selfie balance facial features, soften complexions and remove skin blemishes to create flawless photos — and all in real time!
Let’s take a peek into what the Asus Zenfone Selfie has got to offer :
Features & Specifications of My Asus Zenfone Selfie zd551kl
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB Internal Memory
- GSM / HSPA / LTE
- 5.5-inch 1920 x 1080 Full HD IPS display
- Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery
- 13MP Front-facing camera with flash & torchlight; supports low light mode
- 13MP Back camera with flash & torchlight; supports low light mode
- Android OS, v5.1 (Lollipop), upgradable to v6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Octa-core processor (4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- microSD support, expandable up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Has bluetooth, has in-built apps lock; supports WiFi hotspot.
Now, to the Asus ZenFone Selfie retail box. Its sleeve color matches the phone’s back cover.
And here’s the ZenFone Selfie.
This is what the back looks like. Mine is pink… winks** Super attractive….right?
The curved back cover is made entirely out of plastic which is unusually hard to remove. Hence, the back cover won’t come off easily should you drop your phone accidentally.
The AC adapter, USB-to-microUSB 2.0 cable, Headset.
The 13MP f/2.2 back camera in a central position flanked on either side by the laser autofocus window and the dual-LED flash. Underneath the camera is the volume control, which can also be used for taking photos.
The rear-mounted volume-control and shutter button is ideally positioned for your index finger, so snapping selfies, adjusting the volume and retracing your steps feels as natural as your grip.
The 13MP front camera. On the right of camera, is the earpiece. while on the left is dual LED flash.
The power button at the top of the smartphone. Next to the power button, is the 3.5mm headphone jack, while the secondary mic pinhole is on the other side.
The microUSB 2.0 port at the bottom. Also visible, are the capacitive buttons
The speaker towards the bottom of the phone. Not as large as the mesh in the cover though. It’s about a third of that size and is positioned towards the left.
The removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery
Back cover removed…..
With the volume rocker on the back, power button up top and card slots under the hood, the sides are left completely bare.
If all you need, is an attractive selfie phone to take pretty cool selfies, you can buy the Asus Zenfone Selfie zd551kl smartphone.
How Much is Asus Zenfone Selfie zd551kl in Nigeria?
The phone was launched in 2015 with a recommended retail price of ₦54,900. It might be more expensive now though, due to the increased exchange rate.
- My Audio Technica ATR2100 USB/XLR Microphone for Windows PC and Mac (Photos)
- How to Sell Event Tickets Online and Fast in Nigeria
- Register for Konga Merchant Account and Start Receiving Online Payments in Nigeria
- How To Pay DsTv Subscription On Phone With KongaPay App
- KongaPay App for Android and iOS Lets You Make Online Payments In Nigeria With Ease