I received an email from one of my blog readers, asking how to use a subdomain with another platform even if using blogger on main domain. Well, it’s not a big deal. If you have access to manage the dns settings of your domain name, you can easily set up a subdomain and link it to anywhere you want.
Recently, I set up planet.ogbongeblog.com subdomain on my blogger custom domain and the subdomain points to a forum hosted on a vps. I set it up by creating an A record which has “planet” as the ‘host’ and the vps ip address as the ‘value’ as seen in the screenshot below:
The ogbongeblog.com domain name was registered at Namecheap.com. So, the interface you are seeing above is that of Namecheap dns management tool. If your domain name is registered elsewhere, you might have to ask the domain name registrar how you can add an A record to your domain name.
Kindly note that you have to ensure that you use the subdomain when setting up the other platform you want to link the subdomain to. Very Important!
If you have non-blogger site, you can check out how to create a subdomain that links to Blogger blog.
- Namecheap WhoisGuard Privacy Protection Is Now Free Forever
- 007Names Domain Transfer To Namecheap : The Steps
- Buy Domain Name In Nigeria at Garrantor : Step by Step Tutorial
- Blogger Custom Domain Not Working After Domain Transfer To Namecheap? Try This
- How To Transfer .Com Domain To Garanntor From DomainKing.Ng