The Facebook pixel is a piece of code provided via Facebook Ads Manager that helps you measure the effectiveness of your advertising. If you install the Facebook pixel on your site, you will be able to understand the actions people are taking on your website and reach audiences you care about.
For example, if you have a file download page on your site, by adding Facebook pixel to the site, you will be able to track the number of Facebook users that visit the download page and you will also be able to track the successful downloads you get through Facebook. In addition, you will be able to track the demographics of the people that visit your website from Facebook.
With Facebook Pixel installed on your site, you can also create and build Facebook audience list of people that visit your site or specific pages on your website. Thereafter, you can create a look-alike of the audience and create Facebook ads that can be displayed only to the custom audiences.
Before you can add Facebook pixel code to your site,
- You’ll need a website.
- You must be able to update your website’s code.
How To Generate Your Facebook Pixel Code
- Go to your Pixels tab in Events Manager.
- Click Create a Pixel.
- Click Create in the box that appears to finish creating your pixel.
- After that, you should see some options for how to add Facebook pixel to your website. Choose the Manually Install the Code Yourself option and that should display the Facebook Pixel tracking code.
NB : If you’ve created your pixel before now, you will have to click on “details” > “Setup” to get to where you can access the Facebook pixel code.
Once you’ve created your pixel, you’re ready to put the Facebook pixel code on your website.
How To Add Facebook Pixel Code To Blogger Blogs
- Sign in to your Blogger dashboard
- Go to “Theme” > “Edit HTML“
- Click inside the HTML and use CTRL F to find </head>
- Paste the Facebook Pixel code above the </head>
- Save your template.
How To Add Facebook Pixel Code To WordPress Blogs
There are different ways you can add Facebook Pixel code to WordPress but here is a simple method you can try :
- Sign in to your WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to “Plugins” and click “Add New“
- Search for Insert Headers and Footers plugin
- Install and activate the plugin
- Go to Settings > Insert Headers and Footers
- Paste the Facebook Pixel tracking code into the Scripts in Header box
- Save your changes.
Alternatively, you can use Pixel Caffeine plugin or PixelYourSite Facebook Pixel plugin.
How To Test If Facebook Pixel is Working On Your Website
After you add Facebook Pixel to website, you need to make sure Facebook Pixel is actually working!
To do that, you need to install the Facebook Pixel Helper Chrome extension. It’s a Chrome plugin you can use to see if there’s a Facebook pixel installed on a website, check for errors, and understand the data that’s coming from a pixel.
Once you’ve successfully installed the extension you’ll see a notification that the plugin has been added to Chrome and a small icon will show in your address bar.
Thereafter, visit the website where you installed the Facebook Pixel code, click the Pixel Helper icon in the Chrome browser address bar and check the popup to see any pixels found on that page, and whether they’ve been set up successfully.
If the Pixel Helper finds a pixel on your site and there are no errors, then you’re ready to start creating Facebook ads with your pixel. Enjoy your Facebook remarketing, conversion tracking, and custom audiences!