I use addthis marketing tools on my blogs and here are the reasons :
1. AddThis Is More Than Just Sharing Buttons Provider!
AddThis offers other traffic-driving, audience-engagement tools, which include :
- List building tools that I can use to collect visitor e-mails
- Link promotion tools that I can use to increase traffic to other parts of my blog and decrease bounce rate.
The popup link promotion tool has really helped me in earning lots of affiliate commission from Payoneer “refer a friend” program.
2. AddThis Takes Care Of Code Maintenance
AddThis updates sharing endpoints and APIs, saving me the hassle of periodic maintenance. For example, if Facebook were to deprecate their follow button endpoint that’s being used, AddThis would handle it automatically whereas if I’m using native code, it would be on me to handle the code change (most likely after a visitor tells me that it’s broken).
3. Flexibility and Ease of Use.
AddThis make it easy to use and customize the marketing tools from within a user-friendly dashboard. For example, I can easily create a link promotion pop up from the dashboard and it will start displaying on my blog without meddling with my blog’s code. And I can easily stop the popup from displaying on my blog simply by turning it off at addthis.com. In addition to this, I can change the icon color and button size of addthis follow buttons with just some clicks.
4. AddThis Offers Analytics
AddThis provides simple, clean analytics dashboard that shows me information I care about and also integrates with Google Analytics via it’s WordPress plugin. The analytics dashboard lets me track which services people share to the most, helping me to easily pinpoint where I should spend my time online. With AddThis analytics, I also get to see what content does the best, thereby helping me to plan future posts: write similar articles, repurpose past articles, etc.
5. Weekly Analytics eMails
Every Monday, AddThis sends a digest of my AddThis analytics activity straight to my email inbox. The digest provides a recap of my site’s performance in the last week and other fun data highlights.
Are you using Addthis on your blog? Kindly share your experience via comments.
- AddThis Audience Targeting Lets You Segment and Target Your Site Visitors With Custom Messages
- AddThis Link Promotion PopUp Tool Helps Drive More Visitors To Pages You Want Them To See
- LightHouse Chrome Extension Audits SEO Of Your Blog For Free
- Why Your Blog Page Views Not Same As Adsense PageViews