While searching for a good mobile RSS reader for my Blackberry which will serve me like the Google Reader I use on my Samsung android smartphone and the MobileRSS I use on my iPad, I stumbled on XPRSS for Blackberry; which now enables me to follow latest news easily on my BB.
XPRSS is a free, fast and highly customizable reader, pre-installed with several categories and feeds. It works with BIS connection and the loading time is fantastic. It is an alternative to the BB Social Feeds app, the FreeRange app which has been retired by the developer, Viigo app which works only with selected devices and BeReader app which is not free .
Features of XPRSS app:
-Copy and paste
-Options menu for network settings and social network
-Full story view via google mobilizer and instapaper
-Share via direct launch of social networking apps
-Date and time
– Feed management (add/delete/edit)
– Three feed search methods (url paste and add, website search, topic search)
– Configurable for personal feeds like mylinkedIn
-In-app email sharing
– Support for RSS 2.0 and ATOM 1.0
On default setting after you install XPRSS on your Blackberry, you will find some pre-listed feeds including CNN, Wired, Wall Street Journal, E! Online Top Stories, Reuters, BBC, Forbes, ESPN, Techcrunch, Engadget etc. You can easily add your own custom feed via the menu options of the app. You can also import feeds via an OPML URL.
Though as at the time of publishing this, it lacks integration with Google reader and doesn’t work in offline mode, I still love it because it fits the bill perfectly.
- DsTv Now App Lets DsTv Subscribers Stream Live TV and Catch Up Content On The Go At No Additional Cost
- Google Go App Makes Online Search Easy and Fast On Slow Internet Connections
- Download Microsoft Edge Web Browser for Android and iOS
- uSnapp App Lets You Buy and Sell Products Online in Nigeria in A Snap
- Pulse Buzz, the Pulse News App Now Available for Download for Android and iOS Devices