Have you been waiting to start your blog?
If you have been waiting for a long time to start your blog or move from blogspot to a custom domain then this is the best time for you.
DomainKing.NG is currently offering an exclusive deal for OgbongeBlog readers to register .com domains for just ₦2699 instead of ₦3800.
So it is the best time to move from blogspot.com to a .com domain and some of the benefits are:
- Your readers will see you as a serious blogger and it will make your blog look professional.
- You will be known by a unique identity i.e by your domain name and it will be really helpful for branding of your blog.
So why wait? Just grab the deal to start off your blogging journey!
I have compiled this full guide from registering domain to integrating with Blogger blog in this article.
Step 1: Register .com domain at DomainKing.NG in ₦2699
All you have to do is use this coupon DKA2699 to reduce the price of .com domain name from ₦3800 to ₦2699. This is a limited time offer so, I recommend you to act fast.
- Visit DomainKing.NG and search your domain in the search box on the top of the page.
- Check availability and Select Free Addons:
Now, you will be able to see the availability of your domain on next page. I advise you to think of a unique domain name because most the valuable .com domains are already taken. But don’t waste too much on searching for your domain because this deal is for limited time.
After you have searched your domain name, Click to Continue
On next page , select addons that includes Free DNS management, 2 Free emails and Free Whois ID protection. After selecting all the features continue to Final Checkout Page.
Note: Let the nameservers as it is as they will remain same for using the Free DNS.
- Create account and apply coupon code:
On the checkout page, you will be able to create domainking account by entering your details such as your name, email and address.
After entering your details, scroll down to the bottom of the page to apply the Coupon DKA2699 to reduce the price to ₦2699.
At the bottom of the page, select the payment method according to your wish, If you have a card such as Verve or Visa Card then select first option and proceed to Complete Order. You can also pay via Bank deposit or Bank transfer if you don’t have a card or a bank account.
Once your domain is activated then you will need to setup your domain with blogger so that your blog is live at domain such as yourdomain.com
Step 2: Link .Com domain with Blogger blog
I assume you have already created your blog with blogspot.com and your blog has name such as abc.blogspot.com.
But in case you have not done that then you can create a blog by following this guide and then continue with the steps below:
- Login to Blogger dashboard, click on Settings >>Basic in the navigation bar on the Left side of the page.
- In basic settings, you will see a publishing section. Click on “+ Set up a third-party URL for your blog“
- Now, you will need to enter your domain name along with ‘www’ that you have purchased and click on Save button.
- Now, you will see an error on your screen that will contain 2 CNAMEs.
- The first CNAME is the same for everyone, Name being “www” and Destination “ghs.google.com”.
- The 2nd CNAME is unique to your blog and you will need to add in your domain’s DNS records.
You need to send this CNAME to DomainKing.NG support and they will add them for you. You can even contact them via DomainKIng’s Facebook page.
- Once Domainking helps you to add the CNAMEs in the DNS records of your domain you will be able to save settings successfully in your blogger dashboard.
This will be same page from where you had copied the CNAMEs.
Click on Save and error will stop coming and your domain will start working with your blog.
- Redirect non www traffic to www:
This is the last step that will you will need to follow to redirect non www traffic to www.
Go to Settings >>Basic and under Publishing section, Click on Edit next to your domain name as shown in the screenshot.
After that, select “Redirect www.yourdomain.com to yourdomain.com” and all is done after that.
Enjoy your new blog that is fully working with your newly purchased custom domain in just N2699.
I hope you enjoyed this exclusive guide to move from blogspot to .com and along with that you will be able to get free email such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this guide has helped you then do take some time to share for good to others.
Share this post with your friends so that all can make most out of this offer before it expires.